Happiness on wheels

After the long winter months I took my bike out for the first time of the season. I had missed him. 

My first bike ride of the year stagnates rather soon in the mud. I had forgotten how long it takes for this path to dry up, and how this fat clay sticks to your tires, until your wheels can't turn around anymore. But going back is not an option, so I drag my bike along the muddy path until I reach an asphalt road. 
 I had also forgotten what it feels like to be here in the hills outside of Olomouc. How the wind blows. How sunny it is. How blue the distance is. How beautiful the villages lie hidden amidst the fields. How you see deer and pheasants. And that perhaps the rapeseed may start to bloom in a week already.

How your worries shrink, and the things of the day go back to normal proportions, and new ideas come to the surface, and joy and a prayer of thanks bubbles up in your heart.
And I had forgotten how beautiful the Czech Republic is, and how beautiful it can be. When the sun shines, and blossoms decorate the villages and towns, and everythings shines with newness and with fresh energy. 

Grace sees beauty in everything.. 

Comments